Member

Location: china
Send a message via MSN to offerfoodsaver Send a message via Skype™ to offerfoodsaver
Smile Foodsaver is helpful ?

hello , everybody , I am new in this forum .Nice to meet you .

From the internet ,I know that people in US and europe like to use Food saver to keep the foods fresh .

I would like to know that you have one in your kitchen also .

Tks .
Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Foodsaver is helpful ?

On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 05:22:16 +0000, offerfoodsaver
> wrote:

>hello , everybody , I am new in this forum .Nice to meet you .
>
>From the internet ,I know that people in US and europe like to use Food
>saver to keep the foods fresh .
>
>I would like to know that you have one in your kitchen also .

No, no one here has ever heard of "food saver", nor are we interested in your
upcoming "offer." Please take your advertising elsewhere.

-- Larry
Posted to rec.food.equipment

offerfoodsaver wrote:
> hello , everybody , I am new in this forum .Nice to meet you .
>
> From the internet ,I know that people in US and europe like to use Food
> saver to keep the foods fresh .
>
> I would like to know that you have one in your kitchen also .
>
> Tks .

I have one and I don't use it. I purchased an inexpensive gadget from
Reynolds and I use their also inexpensive bags. I am much, huch happier
with the Reynolds product that I was with the Tilia Food Saver.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south-Texas
Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Mar 18, 9:12*pm, Janet Wilder > wrote:
> offerfoodsaver wrote:
> > hello , everybody , I am new in this forum .Nice to meet you *.

> > From the internet ,I know that people in US and europe like to use Food
> > saver to keep the foods fresh *.

> > I would like to know that you have one in your kitchen also *.

> > Tks *.

> I have one and I don't use it. I purchased an inexpensive gadget from
> Reynolds and I use their also inexpensive bags. I am much, huch happier
> with the Reynolds product that I was with the Tilia Food Saver.
>
> --
> Janet Wilder
> Way-the-heck-south-Texas

Janet,

Try the Ziplock Vacuum Seal Bags. You might like them better. I use
them in combination with my hand held electric Food Saver Pump
(formerly used to vacuum bottle of wine)
http://bit.ly/eJSnO
and they really do a good job. The Ziplock Vacuum Seal Bags are in
your grocery store. See:
http://www.ziploc.com/?p=b10
and
Photo: http://bit.ly/ftS6w

I do have a 'real' FoodSaver which, now, I only use for serious long
term freezer storage.

Gary Hayman
Greenbelt, MD
http://bit.ly/GarysHome

Posted to rec.food.equipment

In article <f03981cc-ffc5-41a4-940e-
>, says...
>
> Janet,
>
> Try the Ziplock Vacuum Seal Bags. You might like them better. I use
> them in combination with my hand held electric Food Saver Pump
> (formerly used to vacuum bottle of wine)

http://bit.ly/eJSnO
> and they really do a good job. The Ziplock Vacuum Seal Bags are in
> your grocery store. See:
> http://www.ziploc.com/?p=b10
> and
> Photo: http://bit.ly/ftS6w

I have a FoodSaver and use it. I wonder whether the Ziplock bags you
mention can be used for sous vide cooking, since I like to do that with
the FoodSaver.

--
Jerry Bank
Trenton, New Jersey
Posted to rec.food.equipment

zydecogary wrote:
> On Mar 18, 9:12 pm, Janet Wilder > wrote:
>> offerfoodsaver wrote:
>>> hello , everybody , I am new in this forum .Nice to meet you .
>>> From the internet ,I know that people in US and europe like to use Food
>>> saver to keep the foods fresh .
>>> I would like to know that you have one in your kitchen also .
>>> Tks .

>> I have one and I don't use it. I purchased an inexpensive gadget from
>> Reynolds and I use their also inexpensive bags. I am much, huch happier
>> with the Reynolds product that I was with the Tilia Food Saver.
>>
>> --
>> Janet Wilder
>> Way-the-heck-south-Texas

> Janet,
>
> Try the Ziplock Vacuum Seal Bags. You might like them better. I use
> them in combination with my hand held electric Food Saver Pump
> (formerly used to vacuum bottle of wine)
> http://bit.ly/eJSnO
> and they really do a good job. The Ziplock Vacuum Seal Bags are in
> your grocery store. See:
> http://www.ziploc.com/?p=b10
> and
> Photo: http://bit.ly/ftS6w
>
> I do have a 'real' FoodSaver which, now, I only use for serious long
> term freezer storage.

I'll look for it in my supermarket. I like the fact that it doesn't need
batteries.
--
Janet Wilder
way-the-heck-south Texas
Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Mar 20, 8:27*am, Jerry Bank > wrote:

>I have a FoodSaver and use it. I wonder whether the Ziplock bags you
>mention can be used for sous vide cooking, since I like to do that with
>the FoodSaver.
> --
> Jerry Bank
> Trenton, New Jersey
> Music is the language of the gods.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Jerry,

I don't know if I would be that brave. I still use the Food Saver
bags for my 'sous vide'' cooking experiments.

I guess that writing Ziploc and asking would be helpful.

I notice that the new 'Steamable' type vegetable packages for the
microwave are made of a plastic that feels a little different from the
Ziplock. Maybe they have the problem solved about cooking in plastice
and Ziplock might follow suit.

Gary Hayman
Greenbelt, MD
http://bit.ly/GarysHome

Member

Location: china
Send a message via MSN to offerfoodsaver Send a message via Skype™ to offerfoodsaver
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by zydecogary View Post
[...]

Gary Hayman's Current WEB Pages
Nice to see so many friends to have the comments here .