Posted to rec.food.equipment
zydecogary zydecogary is offline

Default Foodsaver is helpful ?

On Mar 20, 8:27*am, Jerry Bank > wrote:

>I have a FoodSaver and use it. I wonder whether the Ziplock bags you
>mention can be used for sous vide cooking, since I like to do that with
>the FoodSaver.
> --
> Jerry Bank
> Trenton, New Jersey
> Music is the language of the gods.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Jerry,

I don't know if I would be that brave. I still use the Food Saver
bags for my 'sous vide'' cooking experiments.

I guess that writing Ziploc and asking would be helpful.

I notice that the new 'Steamable' type vegetable packages for the
microwave are made of a plastic that feels a little different from the
Ziplock. Maybe they have the problem solved about cooking in plastice
and Ziplock might follow suit.

Gary Hayman
Greenbelt, MD
http://bit.ly/GarysHome