Posted to rec.food.equipment
zydecogary zydecogary is offline

Default Foodsaver is helpful ?

On Mar 18, 9:12*pm, Janet Wilder > wrote:
> offerfoodsaver wrote:
> > hello , everybody , I am new in this forum .Nice to meet you *.

> > From the internet ,I know that people in US and europe like to use Food
> > saver to keep the foods fresh *.

> > I would like to know that you have one in your kitchen also *.

> > Tks *.

> I have one and I don't use it. I purchased an inexpensive gadget from
> Reynolds and I use their also inexpensive bags. I am much, huch happier
> with the Reynolds product that I was with the Tilia Food Saver.
>
> --
> Janet Wilder
> Way-the-heck-south-Texas

Janet,

Try the Ziplock Vacuum Seal Bags. You might like them better. I use
them in combination with my hand held electric Food Saver Pump
(formerly used to vacuum bottle of wine)
http://bit.ly/eJSnO
and they really do a good job. The Ziplock Vacuum Seal Bags are in
your grocery store. See:
http://www.ziploc.com/?p=b10
and
Photo: http://bit.ly/ftS6w

I do have a 'real' FoodSaver which, now, I only use for serious long
term freezer storage.

Gary Hayman
Greenbelt, MD
http://bit.ly/GarysHome