Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Jacquie Jacquie is offline

Default Uses for shallots

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
> Susan wrote:
>
>> I won't set foot in Walmart stores, but I'm sure you can save on
>> household supplies. I just don't think they have food there, IIRC, that
>> I'd want to buy.
>>
>> Susan

> Actually, the Super WalMarts have pretty good prices on some shelf-stable
> groceries. Some states don't have the Super WalMarts with the groceries.
>
> I don't buy meat there because they inject everything with salt. Their
> produce does not stay fresh very long, either. I believe it is because of
> their logistics with the distribution center being far from our area and
> everything having to keep longer in a warehouse.
>
> WalMart has good buys on fabrics, hardware and housewares. I buy their tee
> shirts for about $6 each and they last me at least 3 years before they
> shrink too much. They have a "White Stag" label in them, though I believe
> it is a special line White Stag makes for WalMart along. In any event, $6
> tee shirts that last 3 years is a pretty good bargain.
>
> Susan, you remind me of my daughter. One year we gave her a K-Mart gift
> certificate for Chanukah. She was either a Senior in High School or a
> Freshman in college and she never redeemed the certificate because one of
> her friends might have seen her going into K-Mart.
>
> A bargain is a bargain. I'll shop at outlet centers and fancy department
> stores to find one. My DH says he will have my tombstone inscribed: "she
> never paid retail" and I know someone who will give him a discount on the
> tombstone. :-)
>

> --
> Janet Wilder
> Way-the-heck-south-Texas

The Wal-Marts here and in Tucson said they were going to start buying
produce locally....I don't know if they have or not...will have to check it
out the next time I go. I got my last prescriptions there, because the
pharmacy I usually go to didn't have one of my pills in stock and I was out.
I liked it when Wal-Mart carried JMS jeans in plus petites....they don't
have them now , I don't care for the White Stag fit. When I noticed the pick
of JMS was disappearing we went to a big Wal-Mart in Phoenix ,when we
visited my son in Scottsdale. I bought a whole bunch of the different
colors....they are a bit worn now