Jason in Dallas

Default Simple and best way to add smoke to my Weber Genesis

I've been smoking and grilling with my Genesis for over 5 years now. I used
to use the foil method but graduated to a wood chunk between the flavorizer
bars. Just toss a fist-sized chunk in there and it'll give smoke for a half
hour. The chips in foil method works but isn't nearly as easy as the "just
toss a chunk in" method.

Incedentally the Genesis is a wonderful tool top slow smoke ribs. It'll
easily maintain a smokey 225F environment as long as you like.

I also have a Weber bullet smoker for smoking bigger things, but use the
Genesis a lot more.