Posted to rec.food.cooking
theron theron is offline

Default Pizza Dough with Bread Machine

"David Harmon" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 08:02:14 -0400 in rec.food.cooking, "Piedmont"
> > wrote,
>>
>>"Theron" > wrote in message

> [...]
>>> over rise. Take the dough ball out, punch it down a bit on a floured
>>> kneading board, and let it sit until you want to make pizza.

>>I was cutting back on the water because the dough was sooo sticky, I will
>>add the water back in and oil my hands in order to roll/flatten it out.

> I would not suggest oily hands. Instead do like Theron suggested,
> work it on a floured board so that the surface (only) of the dough ball
> incorporates extra flour and becomes non-sticky.
>
> Perhaps all-purpose flour instead of bread flour would be less rubbery.

All purpose flour is more appropriate than bread flower for pizza. In Italy
they use
double 00 flour for pizza, which is slightly lower in gluten than all
purpose. You can mimic this
somewhat by mixing 1/3 cake flour and 2/3 all purpose. I have stuck with all
purpose. That's what
my local pizza parlor does and that's essentially what I'm trying to mimic.
I strongly agree to not use
oily hands. Do it all with flour on the board. You don't, however, want to
knead too much unleavened
flour into the dough itself.

Ed