Posted to rec.food.cooking
Piedmont[_3_] Piedmont[_3_] is offline

Default Pizza Dough with Bread Machine

"Theron" > wrote in message

> "Piedmont" > wrote in message
>> Just started making pizza dough in my bread machine, works ok except the
>> dough it not very pliable, what can i do to make it workable, easier to
>> roll out, it's rubbery. looks good, just can't get it to roll out.
>> Piedmont

> I make pizza dough in the bread machine routinely. You have to make a
> fairly moist dough[1.25 cups water for 3 cups flour]. After the initial
> kneading, turn the machine off and rise the dough to twice normal. Do not
> over rise. Take the dough ball out, punch it down a bit on a floured
> kneading board, and let it sit until you want to make pizza.
>
> Ed

Ed,

I was cutting back on the water because the dough was sooo sticky, I will
add the water back in and oil my hands in order to roll/flatten it out. Here
is the original dough recipe that came with the Breadman Bread Machine.

water - 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp (I whittled it down to 1 cup minus 2 Tbsp)
olive oil - 1-1/2 Tbsp
salt - 1-1/2 tsp
sugar - 1-1/2 tsp
bread flour - 3 cups