Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default scone recipe

"Mr. Bill" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 09:23:51 -0400, "jmcquown" >
> wrote:
>
>>is a reference that allegedly many of the
>>"regulars" controlled the ng. This is not, nor has it ever been, a
>>moderated newsgroup

> No..it isn't moderated...but the "old timers" don't have a problem
> running anyone off if they don't agree with a new fresh idea or
> member. The "be-little-ers club" is in full force.

I don't see that old timers run people off unless they're spammers or
trolls. The cross-posters who want to drag other ngs into this one for now
reason, maybe. Maybe your take on things is different. <shrugs>

> I know you have been around for a long time...actually, I remember
> when you were dating Ray! What ever happened to Ray?

I broke our engagement. I'm afraid Ray may have been a casualty of
Hurricane Katrina. He was always running off to "help" when there were
hurricanes in the gulf. Everyone talks about New Orleans but the town where
his remaining family (cousins) lived, Bay St. Louis, MS, was wiped off the
map. I think he was there at the time.

> Remember....YOU are someone special...
> just like everyone else

Everyone is special. Everyone has good points and bad points. Good times
and bad times.

Jill