Posted to rec.food.preserving
Brian Mailman[_1_] Brian Mailman[_1_] is offline

Default Advice sought.

wrote:
>> There may be a reason why all the same types of "product" have a
>> sour or bitter taste to them.

> Youre probably correct, it's to lower the pH, the way they have done
> it makes it inedible in my opinion.

In a commercial, for-profit endeavor, this could very well be the way to
do it feasibly.

It's what I meant by "the universe may be sending you a message."

>> Home canning (which is the focus of this group, as well as other
>> types of home preserving) is very different from commercial
>> endeavors for profit.

> Not that much different, the underlying science is the same...

The science may be the same, but the scale is different.

Because the scale is different, techniques are different, and equipment
is different.

Ask Barb if her recipes are that are produced commercially are the exact
same ones that she made in her kitchen.

As I said--there's probably a very good reason there are
flavors/textures you find objectionable in all other products similar to
yours.

B/