Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default (2009-02-27) NS-RFC: How would you rate your own cooking?

http://www.recfoodcooking.com
>> --
>> Cheers *
>> Chatty Cathy

>My cooking isn't bad, but I still lack confidence when serving
>guests. I would never try something new on company. It has to be
>tried and true and prepped pretty much. I HATE guests watching me in
>the kitchen and asking questions, like, 'Why are you doing that?' I'd
>rather they just sit down and eat it and emit a little praise.

When I was learning how to cook, guests often got first tries.
Mainly, everything tasted good... but timing was a huge issue. I
still remember the 6PM dinner (beef stroganoff) that didn't happen
until 10 because I didn't know how tough flank steak was. It was a
new cut to me.

Mae West