Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default (2009-02-27) NS-RFC: How would you rate your own cooking?

> wrote in message
My cooking isn't bad, but I still lack confidence when serving
guests. I would never try something new on company. It has to be
tried and true and prepped pretty much. I HATE guests watching me in
the kitchen and asking questions, like, 'Why are you doing that?' I'd
rather they just sit down and eat it and emit a little praise.

We always try at least one new dish. With some closer friends we often try
every dish as something new and they reciprocate. Over the years we've had
a couple of "could have been better" episodes, but never a complete
disaster.
I don't mind people watching. IMO, it is just another chance to teach,
perhaps learn, with others.