Bill

Default Are the Jenn Air grills at Lowe's a sham?

I am in the process of purchasing a new gas grill. I am seeking a very good
quality grill that is also aesthetically pleasing. If aesthetics weren't
important, I'd probably go with a Weber Genesis Gold B.

I've found what appears to be exactly what I'm looking for - the Jenn Air
720-0061-LP at Lowe's. Jenn Air is a quality brand and this model is all
stainless steel. It actually appears to have better parts than the
comparable Weber grills, such as cast brass burners and thick stainless
steel cooking grates.

BUT, I've learned that this particular grill is manufactured by Nexgrill.
Nexgrill's support line, (800) 554-5799, is only an answering machine in
which the mailbox is usually full. On a few occasions I've been able to
leave a message, but my calls have never been returned.

A positive on Jenn Air grills is that their JA460P model was the top-rated
grill by Consumer Reports in June 2003. However, this model is made by CFM
Harris. The only similarity between the Nexgrill 720-0061-LP that I'm
considering and the grill rated by Consumer Reports is the "Jenn Air" plaque
affixed to the grill cover.

Basically, I'm getting a bit nervous about buying the 720-0061-LP. It
appears to be a better quality and better looking grill than comparably
priced Weber grills. [1] But it is not manufactured by Jenn Air. [2] It is
not related to the grill rated by Consumer Reports. [3] And customer service
is completely MIA.

Weber grills, on the other hand, are [1] manufactured by Weber, [2] always
get great ratings, and [3] have terrific customer service.

Thoughts... Suggestions...