Kevin S. Wilson

Default skinned wild turkey breast

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 20:24:49 +0000 (UTC), (Charles
Demas) wrote:

>In article >,
>Kevin S. Wilson > wrote:
>>On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 19:39:04 +0000 (UTC),
(Charles
>>Demas) wrote:

>>>Somewhat less of an internal temperature. The turkey will
>>>go up 5-10 degrees in temperature while it rests after taking
>>>it out of the cooker.
>>>

>>I pull unbrined domestic breast off the Kamado when they hit 161
>>internal. Juicy, moist, and flavorful.

>Perhaps there's less temperature rise if you're cooking low
>and slow, rather than at 350-400 degrees F, but with large
>beef roasts, cooked at relatively low temperatures, there was an
>internal temperature rise or 5-10 degrees while resting.

Agreed. My point was more along the lines of pulling it off the grill
at 161, and no higher. It most likely does continue to rise in temp as
it rests; I've never checked.

I'll let you know. I'm just now putting an 8-lb turkey breast on the
K5.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a university somewhere in Idaho