Charles Demas

Default skinned wild turkey breast

In article >,
Kevin S. Wilson > wrote:
>On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 19:39:04 +0000 (UTC), (Charles
>Demas) wrote:
>
>>In article >,
>>Stan (the Man) > wrote:

>>>Wild turkey has even less fat content than domestic turkey. It's my
>>>guess that no matter what you cover it with, it's going to come out dry
>>>if you slow-cook it. I would cook it at higher temps (350 or so) to
>>>about 160-165 degrees, internal.

>>Somewhat less of an internal temperature. The turkey will
>>go up 5-10 degrees in temperature while it rests after taking
>>it out of the cooker.
>>

>I pull unbrined domestic breast off the Kamado when they hit 161
>internal. Juicy, moist, and flavorful.

Perhaps there's less temperature rise if you're cooking low
and slow, rather than at 350-400 degrees F, but with large
beef roasts, cooked at relatively low temperatures, there was an
internal temperature rise or 5-10 degrees while resting.

Chuck Demas

--
Eat Healthy | _ _ | Nothing would be done at all,
Stay Fit | @ @ | If a man waited to do it so well,