Charles Demas

Default skinned wild turkey breast

In article >,
Stan (the Man) > wrote:
>Some Mike wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I've been asked to smoke a skinned wild turkey breast tomorrow. I've
>> successfully smoked domestic turkeys with their skin intact, but I'm puzzled
>> how to handle this one. Should I cover it in foil, or bacon, then go about
>> 250 F, or cook it hotter like in an oven? I will be using a modified ECB.
>> It will be brined 24 hours as well.
>>

>> Thanks
>> Mike

>Wild turkey has even less fat content than domestic turkey. It's my
>guess that no matter what you cover it with, it's going to come out dry
>if you slow-cook it. I would cook it at higher temps (350 or so) to
>about 160-165 degrees, internal.

Somewhat less of an internal temperature. The turkey will
go up 5-10 degrees in temperature while it rests after taking
it out of the cooker.

This was mentioned on Emerile Live on the Food network.

Chuck Demas

--
Eat Healthy | _ _ | Nothing would be done at all,
Stay Fit | @ @ | If a man waited to do it so well,