Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default What Two Flavors go Best Together?

ViLco wrote on Thu, 19 Feb 2009 15:40:51 GMT:

>>> Lamb? Sage and PORK. Lamb likes rosemary.

>> That's what I woulda said.
>> Oh yeah... watercress and eggs. Arugula and grassfed beef.

> Ehm, what about gin and lemon?

Not a favorite of mine unlike the similar gin and lime. I also like a
shaving of lemon peel (a "twist") in a Martini and an excellent
flavoring for ice-cold vodka is dried hot pepper.

I'd also add to the suggestion for lamb: a *lot* of garlic cloves
inserted before roasting lamb is very good. Sage and onion is a good
flavoring for stuffing poultry but it's pretty common.

I mentioned a little while ago, that the unlikely combination of fresh
strawberries and baby spinach in a salad is quite successful.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland