Posted to rec.food.cooking
zara[_11_] zara[_11_] is offline

Default fish vs other seafood

"James" > wrote in message
>I understand eating fish is healthy. Is this also true of other
> seafood? I'd rather eat raw oysters, lobsters and crabs than just
> fish.

You understood wrong.

As a real fisherman, I would never eat fish. Most are full of parasites.
Many contain heavy metals in the flesh. Most states give a guide with your
fishing license. People are cautioned against eating any fish from some
rivers and lakes. They are also cautioned against eating fish more than once
or twice a month, from other rivers and lakes. I fish the Saint Lucy river
and the Indian river in Florida - I would never eat fish from either of
those waters. Last month I caught a Snook that was growing hair.

Eating raw shellfish is akin to playing Russian Roulette.

Stick with beef. pork, lamb or chicken. Or even horse. At least they are
pumped full of antibiotics.