Posted to rec.food.cooking
BD[_1_] BD[_1_] is offline

Default Fennel stalks

"Zeppo" > wrote in message
> Hi there,
> I've been using more fresh fennel lately and was wondering if there was
> anything useful to do with the stalks. Most recipes I've seen, even soups,
> use the bulb and fronds and say to discard the stalks.
>
> Has anyone found good (food related) use for the stalks.
>
> TIA,
> Jon

This won't help, but it is a good, easy recipe.

Linguine with Fennel and Tuna: Quarter, core, and thinly slice fennel bulb
crosswise; cook in 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium high
heat until golden, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes. Meanwhile cook 1/2
pound linguine. Drain and return to pot; reserve 1/4 cup pasta water. Add
fennel to pasta along with 1/8 c.fronds, 1-1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon
juice, 1 tablespoon each capers and olive oil, and reserved pasta water.
Season w/ salt/pepper. Flake in one can solid light tuna. Toss/serve.