Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lin Lin is offline

Default _Consumer Reports_: Eight O'Clock Coffee A "Best Buy"

James Silverton wrote:

> I use a quite cheap Braun blade grinder and I don't find the noise
> objectionable. It only takes a count of 80 for my preferred grind.

Ours is a Braun burr grinder. It's noisy. It does have a dial for
setting the amount of grind time, so I don't have to keep count. Lately
though, I've been having to shake it AS it grinds. For some reason it's
not grabbing the beans like it used to and it's taking longer to fill
the ground coffee receptacle. There are other reasons why I don't like
this grinder. Not sure what's better out there, so if you have
suggestions I'd be happy to look at them the day this thing finally dies
(I might give it a push along).

--Lin