Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lou Decruss[_3_] Lou Decruss[_3_] is offline

Default _Consumer Reports_: Eight O'Clock Coffee A "Best Buy"

On Thu, 5 Feb 2009 17:24:34 -0600, "Gregory Morrow"
> wrote:

>http://shopping.yahoo.com/articles/s...cks-the-best-c
>
>Consumer Reports Picks the Best Cup o' Brew
>
>Our top-rated Colombian coffee is also a CR Best Buy
>By ConsumerReports.org
>
>Folgers, Maxwell House, and Starbucks are America's best-selling ground
>coffees. But all three were iced by Eight O'Clock Colombian coffee in our
>taste tests. As for Starbucks, it didn't even place among the top regular
>coffees and trailed among decafs.

I've always been happy with Eight O'Clock French Roast. We're on a
monthly cycle with Boca Java and occasionally run out so we'll fill in
with Eight O'Clock. If you want a good cup of coffee Boca Java is
much better, but almost 3 times the price. My favorite is Light Up
Las Olas dark roast. It's $7.50 for a half pound plus shipping.

http://catalog.bocajava.com/coffee/coffee

Lou