Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Question - Beef Barley soup

On Thu 05 Feb 2009 02:49:50p, Melba's Jammin' told us...

> In article >,
> "Dimitri" > wrote:
>
>> Would you cook the barley separately than add it to the soup or cook it
>> right in the soup?
>>
>> Dimitri

> Depends on how much you like thick slimy soup. Me? Not so much.
> I cook it and add it for the last 10 minutes or so. Is this something
> other than beef vegetable soup with barley?

I prefer it added at the beginning because I do like it thick, but I don't
consider it slimy. Actually, I prefer beef mushroom barley soup with
*some* vegetables, but not dominated by them.

--
Wayne Boatwright
e-mail to wayneboatwright at gmail dot com
Date: Thursday, 02(II)/05(V)/09(MMIX)
Countdown till President's Day
1wks 3dys 4hrs 55mins
God made the integers; all else is the work of Man.