Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default best stick blender?

In article
val189 > wrote:

> On Feb 2, 1:49*pm, Melba's Jammin' > wrote:
>

> > *val189 > wrote:
> > > If you own a stick blender, please tell

> > There are usually lots of them at the local thrift shop.

> I wonder why.....duplicate shower gift, never found a use for it? If
> it still works, I wonder why it found its way there....hmmm... *

Absolutely "never found a use for it."

I gave my daughter my old one ‹ she thought it was cool and if I gave
mine to her, I'd have an excuse --- er-r-r, *reason* to buy a new one.
Hers lives in her linen closet (not far from the kitchen) and I doubt it
has ever seen the light of day since she acquired it. ** There's not
a doubt in my mind ** that I'll ask her some day if she uses it much
and the response will be, "You know, I never did! I thought I would but
I didn't so I gave it to Goodwill!! No sense keeping it around."

Shortly after I bought my new one, my portable mixer died and in seeking
its replacement, I came across the Braun Multi-Mix. A friend bought it
as a gift for me. Lucky me! I still have the second stick blender.
Hardly used. I use my Multi-Mix a lot: mixer, blender, shopper;
occasionally the whisk. I've never used the dough hooks.

Around here, I would have absolutely no compunction walking into the
thrift store carrying a covered jar of water (a widemouth jar, maybe a
quart, 1/3 to 1/2 full) and asking the shop staff if I could plug one in
and test it out. And they would certainly allow it, because all sales
are final. They've seen stranger things than me, I'm pretty sure. :-)

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller