Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default best stick blender?

If you own a stick blender, please tell

a. brand

b. happy with it?

c. if had to buy another, what brand?

Thanks.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney wrote:
> On Sun, 1 Feb 2009 19:00:58 -0800 (PST), val189
> > wrote:
>
>> If you own a stick blender, please tell
>>
>> a. brand
>>
>> b. happy with it?
>>
>> c. if had to buy another, what brand?
>>
>> Thanks.

> Bamix. Very, very happy with it...it is considered one of the best!!
> And if I have to buy another, would still buy that one.
>
> Christine

We have a Braun and its over 10 years old gets used about twice a week
for REALLY heavy stuff such as pumpkins Mango and Ice Lupins Chick peas

We picked up some no name cheapies at Bunnings at $7.00 each in a bin
so bought 4 (thinking they would fail over time)

3 still in packaging but the cheap one tends to get very hot and
tired compared to the Braun when doing the heavy work .

On lighter stuff No problem Made in Thailand sticker on the el cheapo
things .

Bamix is pretty good and the commercial kitchens I go into seem to
favour them but strewth they are expensive !
Posted to rec.food.cooking

PhilC wrote:
> Christine Dabney wrote:
>> On Sun, 1 Feb 2009 19:00:58 -0800 (PST), val189
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> If you own a stick blender, please tell
>>>
>>> a. brand

Cuisinart
>>> b. happy with it?

Very much so.

>>> c. if had to buy another, what brand?

It was a gift...can't afford to replace...but if I had to and could, I'd get
the same thing.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

val189 wrote:
> If you own a stick blender, please tell
>
> a. brand

It doesn't say. It was inexpensive so it's probably a Hamilton Beach or
Rival or something like that.

> b. happy with it?

The button fell off and it doesn't fit right but it still works, so I
guess I got what I paid for

> c. if had to buy another, what brand?

Probably Cuisinart. I've been very happy with their stuff over the years.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
val189 > wrote:

> If you own a stick blender, please tell
>
> a. brand
>
> b. happy with it?
>
> c. if had to buy another, what brand?
>
> Thanks.

Braune.
--
Peace! Om

"Any ship can be a minesweeper. Once." -- Anonymous

Posted to rec.food.cooking

val189 wrote:

> If you own a stick blender, please tell
>
> a. brand

Braun, my second. Very happy. First one
was broken in an accident when a friend was
hired to clean my house, not due to any fault
of Braun.

Do not buy Rival. I had one, and I could smell
ozone and see flashes of light from contact
arcing coming from the motor. Any machine which
does that will have a very short lifetime.
I returned it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

val189 wrote:
> If you own a stick blender, please tell
>
> a. brand
>
> b. happy with it?
>
> c. if had to buy another, what brand?
>
> Thanks.

I love my KitchenAid, but I wish it had a stand. It was about $50 at
Target when I bought it.

Serene

--
Super Cool Toy Store (I've played with them, and they really are super
cool): http://supercooltoystore.com

"I am an agnostic only to the extent that I am agnostic about fairies at
the bottom of the garden." -- Richard Dawkins
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 1 Feb 2009 19:00:58 -0800 (PST), val189 wrote:

> If you own a stick blender, please tell
>
> a. brand
>
> b. happy with it?
>
> c. if had to buy another, what brand?
>
> Thanks.

i bought a hamilton-beach (for about twenty bucks) on the strength of a
review he

<http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/02/19/AR2008021900696.html>

....which has a couple recommendations.

it's not in constant use, but it seems to do what i ask of it with no
problems. i like it.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
val189 > wrote:

> If you own a stick blender, please tell
>
> a. brand
>
> b. happy with it?
>
> c. if had to buy another, what brand?
>
> Thanks.

I have a Braun Multi-Mix that's the bomb. Unfortunately, it doesn't
seem to be available any more. It was a multi-use thing -- mixer,
blender, chopper, whisk, dough hooks.

I also have a Braun stick blender. I like it but I have to be careful
when putting it into a narrow container (like a can of diced tomatoes I
want to break up) ‹ it very often churns up a big splashy mess! Then I
say naughty words.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 1, 10:00 pm, val189 > wrote:
> If you own a stick blender, please tell
>
> a. brand

Braun Multiquick, model MR 430 HC

> b. happy with it?

Quite. 200 watts. Lots of power (to the point where you really need
to hang on if you're dipping it in something thick). Cleans up easily
since drive motor detaches from ends. Lidded jar is useful for things
like salad dressings and small quantities of sauces. Chopper is good
for herbs and modest quantities of things that need to be chopped
finely and would take longer doing it by hand. Don't use the whisk
attachment much.

> c. if had to buy another, what brand?

Another Braun.

--
Silvar Beitel

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"val189" > wrote in message
> If you own a stick blender, please tell
>
> a. brand
>
> b. happy with it?
>
> c. if had to buy another, what brand?
>
> Thanks.

Don't remember the brand but the price was about $20.00 - many years ago

It works perfectly.

Unless you plan to use it daily and a lot daily don't waste your money on
the big expensive ones.

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
val189 > wrote:

> If you own a stick blender, please tell
>
> a. brand
>
> b. happy with it?
>
> c. if had to buy another, what brand?
>
> Thanks.

There are usually lots of them at the local thrift shop.

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller
http://gallery.me.com/barbschaller/100041
-- a woman my age shouldn't
have this much fun!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 2, 12:49*pm, Melba's Jammin' >
wrote:
> In article
> >,
>
> *val189 > wrote:
> > If you own a stick blender, please tell

> > a. *brand

> > b. happy with it?

> > c. if had to buy another, what brand?

> > Thanks.

> There are usually lots of them at the local thrift shop. *
>
> --
> -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJhttp://web.me.com/barbschallerhttp://gallery.me.com/barbschaller/100041
> -- a woman my age shouldn't
> have this much fun!

Love my Braun - it was about thirty bucks and has the whisk (not used)
and a mini processor. That used to get used a lot for raisins, spices
herbs etc till I replaced my Zyliss non electric [ great for banging
on and releasing frustrations ;-) ] and the blender part which I only
use for stuff in deep pots or bowls (right Barb!)
Lynn in Fargo
Wants a new mandoline - the one that Cook's Illustrated and Consumer
Reports liked - under $70
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 2, 1:49*pm, Melba's Jammin' > wrote:

> *val189 > wrote:
> > If you own a stick blender, please tell

> There are usually lots of them at the local thrift shop.

I wonder why.....duplicate shower gift, never found a use for it? If
it still works, I wonder why it found its way there....hmmm... *

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
val189 > wrote:

> On Feb 2, 1:49*pm, Melba's Jammin' > wrote:
>

> > *val189 > wrote:
> > > If you own a stick blender, please tell

> > There are usually lots of them at the local thrift shop.

> I wonder why.....duplicate shower gift, never found a use for it? If
> it still works, I wonder why it found its way there....hmmm... *

Absolutely "never found a use for it."

I gave my daughter my old one ‹ she thought it was cool and if I gave
mine to her, I'd have an excuse --- er-r-r, *reason* to buy a new one.
Hers lives in her linen closet (not far from the kitchen) and I doubt it
has ever seen the light of day since she acquired it. ** There's not
a doubt in my mind ** that I'll ask her some day if she uses it much
and the response will be, "You know, I never did! I thought I would but
I didn't so I gave it to Goodwill!! No sense keeping it around."

Shortly after I bought my new one, my portable mixer died and in seeking
its replacement, I came across the Braun Multi-Mix. A friend bought it
as a gift for me. Lucky me! I still have the second stick blender.
Hardly used. I use my Multi-Mix a lot: mixer, blender, shopper;
occasionally the whisk. I've never used the dough hooks.

Around here, I would have absolutely no compunction walking into the
thrift store carrying a covered jar of water (a widemouth jar, maybe a
quart, 1/3 to 1/2 full) and asking the shop staff if I could plug one in
and test it out. And they would certainly allow it, because all sales
are final. They've seen stranger things than me, I'm pretty sure. :-)

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller
http://gallery.me.com/barbschaller/100041
-- a woman my age shouldn't
have this much fun!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 01 Feb 2009 23:56:12 -0500, Susan > wrote:

>I have a Braun I'm happy with, but I read a lot of reviews before buying
>for my daughter and got her a KitchenAid, I believe.

I'll stand w/Susan. I have a KitchenAid with extra head and it has
served me well. If I had to replace, I would stick with this brand or
get a Braun.

Alex