Old 26-01-2009, 01:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Erroll Ozgencil Erroll Ozgencil is offline

Default Elderberry Goo Residue Removel Help

We have been making elderberry wine for years.
During and after primary fermentation we end up with a non-soluble goo.

I've not made elderberry wine myself, but I've heard of the
"elderberry goo" problem. From what I understand, you can reduce/
eliminate the problem by only using ripe berries. For cleanup, use
vegetable oil, then clean up the oil with a grease cutting detergent.

Erroll
http://www.washingtonwinemaker.com/