Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Andie Z[_2_] Andie Z[_2_] is offline

Default Elderberry Goo Residue Removel Help

We have used wild berries and cultivated berries. We are in Upstate New
York. We tried everything. No stems, no unripe berries, fermenting cold in
primary, boiling them first, and still get goo. More so some years. What
is the goo? Abrasives for cleaning is not satisfactory. "Goof Off" and
lighter fluid, both work. They are tough to use in a carboy. It seems that
someone must know what it is an dwhat it's soluble in.

om...