Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
[email protected] ralconte@hotmail.com is offline

Default Looking to buy vintraps

Greetings all. I'm interested in purchasing vintraps. These are
champagne stoppers with a 3 inch elongated tube, to capture yeast
sediment, when making a sparking wine. They are very hard to find --
Google only links two places, both in Canada, that apparently, don't
have an online, credit card based ordering system, for the home
winemaker. If I I'm wrong, just say so. I've tried the more common
wine supply stores, by searching their online catalog with the word
'vintrap', likewise without success. If you've bought them somewhere
recently, I'd like to know. I am aware of alternative methods --
crown caps or regular champagne stoppers, freezing and degorging, but
I do like the vintrap convenience. Thanks all.