Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Default Looking to buy vintraps

Greetings all. I'm interested in purchasing vintraps. These are
champagne stoppers with a 3 inch elongated tube, to capture yeast
sediment, when making a sparking wine. They are very hard to find --
Google only links two places, both in Canada, that apparently, don't
have an online, credit card based ordering system, for the home
winemaker. If I I'm wrong, just say so. I've tried the more common
wine supply stores, by searching their online catalog with the word
'vintrap', likewise without success. If you've bought them somewhere
recently, I'd like to know. I am aware of alternative methods --
crown caps or regular champagne stoppers, freezing and degorging, but
I do like the vintrap convenience. Thanks all.
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

On Jan 24, 11:12*am, wrote:
> Greetings all. *I'm interested in purchasing vintraps. *These are
> champagne stoppers with a 3 inch elongated tube, to capture yeast
> sediment, when making a sparking wine. *They are very hard to find --
> Google only links two places, both in Canada, that apparently, don't
> have an online, credit card based ordering system, for the home
> winemaker. *If I I'm wrong, just say so. *I've tried the more common
> wine supply stores, by searching their online catalog with the word
> 'vintrap', likewise without success. *If you've bought them somewhere
> recently, I'd like to know. *I am aware of alternative methods --
> crown caps or regular champagne stoppers, freezing and degorging, but
> I do like the vintrap convenience. *Thanks all.

Sounds like bidules are close to what you want, call Presque Isle. I
think they sell them even if itr's not on the website.
They will tell you where to get things they don't have if they know
the source

Joe