Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dimitri Dimitri is offline

Default boston Butt Roast

> wrote in message
>I purchased a Boston Roast, and was wondering if anyone might have
> some suggestions as to how to prepare it. Last time I browned all
> sides in a dutch oven, and then added some water and seasonings, and I
> cooked it on low heat on top of the stove. It turned out rather well.
>
> Tom

Boston But is one of the cuts used for pulled pork.

One other option would be to brown the roast in hot fat.
While the roast is browning dice an onion and open a large bag of
sauerkraut.

Place 1/2 the sauerkraut and onion on the bottom of a crock pot.

Place the roast on top of the kraut/onion mix & add 1/2 cup of white wine.

Top the roast with the remaining kraut/onion mix.

Cover and cook on high for 6 hours or low for 8 hours or until tender.

When the roast is tender drain the remaining liquid into a sauce pan, plate
the roast and kraut.

Add Dijon mustard to the liquid (to taste 1 to 2 T) and thicken with a white
wine & cornstarch slurry. When the sauce has thickened gloss with soft
butter.

Dimitri