Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default boston Butt Roast

In article
" > wrote:

> I purchased a Boston Roast, and was wondering if anyone might have
> some suggestions as to how to prepare it. Last time I browned all
> sides in a dutch oven, and then added some water and seasonings, and I
> cooked it on low heat on top of the stove. It turned out rather well.
>
> Tom

That's pretty much it, Tom, although I do mine in the oven at about
275-300 degrees for several hours. You're off to a good start for
making pulled pork. Have a look he <http://www.jamlady.eboard.com>
and fine your way to this note: Pork Butts Become Pulled Pork
5/14-15/2007 .

I also use a butt roast to make our Christmas Eve tourtiere.

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller