Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Alan S Alan S is offline

Default tonight is a big temptation

On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 22:12:58 -0500, "Evelyn"
> wrote:

>> We used to have a Mongolian Wok, and I really miss it, because you could
>> custom order a fresh stir fry, no sugar, no starch.
>>
>> Susan

>I kept all portions miniscule, excepting for the veggies. Hubby likes to
>eat there, so I had to find what didn't spike me. Their hot and sour soup
>is not thickened much at all, in fact it is quite thin, so I think that was
>OK. Next time I go I think I might try that Mongolian wok.

I ate hot and sour soup in Thailand, Hong Kong and Cairns
(lots of good Thai restaurants there). The local Chinese
Restaurant also does some Thai dishes and does a good Tom
Yum Soup.

I tested the first few times but I've found that it has very
little effect on me, regardless of all those different
sources. Because I have it "as it comes" it is usually very
hot, the sort of spicy heat that makes saunas unnecessary to
thoroughly clean my pores. That also means that I tend to
eat it quite slowly and I can make it last quite a while.

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
--
d&e, metformin 2000 mg
http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com (ADA Accomplishments in 2008)