Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default tonight is a big temptation

Two little words.

Chinese buffet.....

I have to be really careful with my choices there, because everything is
loaded with sodium and carbohydrates, but hubby loves the place and we are
meeting friends there.

Wish me luck at being a good girl!

Best Regards,
Evelyn

Rest in a sky-like mind.
Sit like a mountain floating on the earth.
Breathe like the wind circling the world

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

eat shrimp...breading pulled off if any and the beef and broccoli and
chicken and broccoli..those are usually pretty safe if you dont eat much of
the sauce with it.

I never spike after the buffet if i dont give into the stuff i know is bad
like the general tsu....the lemon anything or the sweet'n sour
anything...sigh

KROM

"Evelyn" > wrote in message
> Two little words.
>
> Chinese buffet.....
>
> I have to be really careful with my choices there, because everything is
> loaded with sodium and carbohydrates, but hubby loves the place and we are
> meeting friends there.
>
> Wish me luck at being a good girl!

> Best Regards,
> Evelyn
>
> Rest in a sky-like mind.
> Sit like a mountain floating on the earth.
> Breathe like the wind circling the world

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Evelyn wrote:
> Two little words.
>
> Chinese buffet.....
>
> I have to be really careful with my choices there, because everything is
> loaded with sodium and carbohydrates, but hubby loves the place and we
> are meeting friends there.
>
> Wish me luck at being a good girl!

Most places with a buffet also have a menu. Check for a menu when you
get there. You can order a dish the way you want it like with no sugar
and no corn starch.

The other suggestion was already mane and that is if they have ome of
those Mongolian grills, put together your own meal.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"krom" > wrote in message
> eat shrimp...breading pulled off if any and the beef and broccoli and
> chicken and broccoli..those are usually pretty safe if you dont eat much
> of the sauce with it.
>
> I never spike after the buffet if i dont give into the stuff i know is bad
> like the general tsu....the lemon anything or the sweet'n sour
> anything...sigh
>
> KROM

This particular one has some good choices..... a roasted turkey and also a
poached salmon and some peel your own shrimp. No goopy sweet sauces on any
of those. The general tso's is delicious but I avoid it like the plague.
That sauce is really sweet.

Best Regards,
Evelyn

Rest in a sky-like mind.
Sit like a mountain floating on the earth.
Breathe like the wind circling the world

> "Evelyn" > wrote in message
>> Two little words.
>>
>> Chinese buffet.....
>>
>> I have to be really careful with my choices there, because everything is
>> loaded with sodium and carbohydrates, but hubby loves the place and we
>> are meeting friends there.
>>
>> Wish me luck at being a good girl!
>>
>> --
>> --
>> Best Regards,
>> Evelyn
>>
>> Rest in a sky-like mind.
>> Sit like a mountain floating on the earth.
>> Breathe like the wind circling the world

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
> Evelyn wrote:
>> Two little words.
>>
>> Chinese buffet.....
>>
>> I have to be really careful with my choices there, because everything is
>> loaded with sodium and carbohydrates, but hubby loves the place and we
>> are meeting friends there.
>>
>> Wish me luck at being a good girl!
>>

> Most places with a buffet also have a menu. Check for a menu when you get
> there. You can order a dish the way you want it like with no sugar and no
> corn starch.
>
> The other suggestion was already mane and that is if they have ome of
> those Mongolian grills, put together your own meal.

They have one of those and I have never tried it. There are so many things
to choose from, and I always manage to find some good choices, it is just
that there is a lot of temptation to try the naughty stuff.

Best Regards,
Evelyn

Rest in a sky-like mind.
Sit like a mountain floating on the earth.
Breathe like the wind circling the world

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message

> How was lasagna safe? It seems pretty carby to me.

Not overly, no. There was a lot of cheese in it and I only had a small
piece.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"Evelyn" > wrote:

> "Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
> > Evelyn wrote:
> >> Two little words.
> >>
> >> Chinese buffet.....
> >>
> >> I have to be really careful with my choices there, because everything is
> >> loaded with sodium and carbohydrates, but hubby loves the place and we
> >> are meeting friends there.
> >>
> >> Wish me luck at being a good girl!
> >>

> > Most places with a buffet also have a menu. Check for a menu when you get
> > there. You can order a dish the way you want it like with no sugar and no
> > corn starch.
> >
> > The other suggestion was already mane and that is if they have ome of
> > those Mongolian grills, put together your own meal.

> They have one of those and I have never tried it. There are so many things
> to choose from, and I always manage to find some good choices, it is just
> that there is a lot of temptation to try the naughty stuff.

When I go to our Chinese buffet, I can always load up on veggies and
relatively safe stuff (green beans sauteed with garlic take up a large
portion on my plate). And I will pick one carby thing to take a very
small serving of. One piece of General Tso's chicken will satisfy me for
a few months. The place I go has a lot of things in non-shiny sauces, so
I'm generally pretty safe.

--
"[xxx] has very definite opinions, and does not suffer fools lightly.
This, apparently, upsets the fools."
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
>
>> How was lasagna safe? It seems pretty carby to me.

> Not overly, no. There was a lot of cheese in it and I only had a small
> piece.

Yes, that seems to be the trick. Small portions.
Best Regards,
Evelyn

Rest in a sky-like mind.
Sit like a mountain floating on the earth.
Breathe like the wind circling the world

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" > wrote in message
> Two little words.
>
> Chinese buffet.....
>
> I have to be really careful with my choices there, because everything is
> loaded with sodium and carbohydrates, but hubby loves the place and we are
> meeting friends there.
>
> Wish me luck at being a good girl!

> Best Regards,
> Evelyn

That Chinese buffet must have less of a selection than the local one I
went to recently. Their unsweetened tea was free of both, and there
was a good selection of items that appeared to be low-carb (I wasn't
trying for low-sodium also, and low-sodium doesn't make a
noticeable difference in the appearance).

Robert

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I love peel your own shrimp..they assume you wont eat many due to the work
of getting the meat out..i am a master peeler and can eat 30 in a
minute..lol...so i eat alot of those and one piece gen tso for the taste.

i had a owner scream at me that i was costing him money eating his
shrimp...rofl.

I was like yeah right..im paying 17 bucks ..where you buying yer shrimp
pal?..jerk

we never went back and they closed so i always joke i shut them down eating
all thier shrimp..lol

KROM

"Evelyn" > wrote >

> This particular one has some good choices..... a roasted turkey and also a
> poached salmon and some peel your own shrimp. No goopy sweet sauces on
> any of those. The general tso's is delicious but I avoid it like the
> plague. That sauce is really sweet.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Robert Miles" > wrote in message

> "Evelyn" > wrote in message
>> Two little words.
>>
>> Chinese buffet.....
>>
>> I have to be really careful with my choices there, because everything is
>> loaded with sodium and carbohydrates, but hubby loves the place and we
>> are meeting friends there.
>>
>> Wish me luck at being a good girl!
>>
>> --
>> --
>> Best Regards,
>> Evelyn
>>

> That Chinese buffet must have less of a selection than the local one I
> went to recently. Their unsweetened tea was free of both, and there
> was a good selection of items that appeared to be low-carb (I wasn't
> trying for low-sodium also, and low-sodium doesn't make a
> noticeable difference in the appearance).
>
> Robert

I did have plain tea and it was good. And I managed to find some good
stuff that wasn't too carby. My plan was in taking very small portions.

Best Regards,
Evelyn

Rest in a sky-like mind.
Sit like a mountain floating on the earth.
Breathe like the wind circling the world

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"krom" > wrote in message
>I love peel your own shrimp..they assume you wont eat many due to the work
>of getting the meat out..i am a master peeler and can eat 30 in a
>minute..lol...so i eat alot of those and one piece gen tso for the taste.
>
> i had a owner scream at me that i was costing him money eating his
> shrimp...rofl.
>
> I was like yeah right..im paying 17 bucks ..where you buying yer shrimp
> pal?..jerk
>
> we never went back and they closed so i always joke i shut them down
> eating all thier shrimp..lol
>

> KROM

Krom, this place doesn't hassle you. They also have king crab legs which
are fine even without butter, and a whole turkey that you can slice the meat
off of. So I can always find something to eat there.

I read somewhere that one place is charging people extra for what they leave
on their plate, because that is truly genuine waste of food, and does
honestly cost the restaurant money. I thought it was a really good idea.
I have seen people who were wasteful and took far more than they could or
would eat.

Best Regards,
Evelyn

Rest in a sky-like mind.
Sit like a mountain floating on the earth.
Breathe like the wind circling the world

> "Evelyn" > wrote >
>>
>> This particular one has some good choices..... a roasted turkey and also
>> a poached salmon and some peel your own shrimp. No goopy sweet sauces
>> on any of those. The general tso's is delicious but I avoid it like the
>> plague. That sauce is really sweet.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 22:12:58 -0500, "Evelyn"
> wrote:

>> We used to have a Mongolian Wok, and I really miss it, because you could
>> custom order a fresh stir fry, no sugar, no starch.
>>
>> Susan

>I kept all portions miniscule, excepting for the veggies. Hubby likes to
>eat there, so I had to find what didn't spike me. Their hot and sour soup
>is not thickened much at all, in fact it is quite thin, so I think that was
>OK. Next time I go I think I might try that Mongolian wok.

I ate hot and sour soup in Thailand, Hong Kong and Cairns
(lots of good Thai restaurants there). The local Chinese
Restaurant also does some Thai dishes and does a good Tom
Yum Soup.

I tested the first few times but I've found that it has very
little effect on me, regardless of all those different
sources. Because I have it "as it comes" it is usually very
hot, the sort of spicy heat that makes saunas unnecessary to
thoroughly clean my pores. That also means that I tend to
eat it quite slowly and I can make it last quite a while.

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
--
d&e, metformin 2000 mg
http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com (ADA Accomplishments in 2008)
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 01:42:05 -0600, "krom"
> wrote:

>I love peel your own shrimp..they assume you wont eat many due to the work
>of getting the meat out..i am a master peeler and can eat 30 in a
>minute..lol...so i eat alot of those and one piece gen tso for the taste.
>
>i had a owner scream at me that i was costing him money eating his
>shrimp...rofl.
>
>I was like yeah right..im paying 17 bucks ..where you buying yer shrimp
>pal?..jerk
>
>we never went back and they closed so i always joke i shut them down eating
>all thier shrimp..lol
>

>KROM

Why do I have this image of you in a Duff Beer T-shirt and a
suspicion that you have a son named Bart and a daughter
named Lisa?

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
--
d&e, metformin 2000 mg
http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com (ADA Accomplishments in 2008)
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com (Drivers, Stepped Wells and Baolis)
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

LOL...mmmmmm...shrimp!

KROM

"Alan S" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 01:42:05 -0600, "krom"
> > wrote:
>
>>I love peel your own shrimp..they assume you wont eat many due to the work
>>of getting the meat out..i am a master peeler and can eat 30 in a
>>minute..lol...so i eat alot of those and one piece gen tso for the taste.
>>
>>i had a owner scream at me that i was costing him money eating his
>>shrimp...rofl.
>>
>>I was like yeah right..im paying 17 bucks ..where you buying yer shrimp
>>pal?..jerk
>>
>>we never went back and they closed so i always joke i shut them down
>>eating
>>all thier shrimp..lol
>>

>>KROM

> Why do I have this image of you in a Duff Beer T-shirt and a
> suspicion that you have a son named Bart and a daughter
> named Lisa?
>

> Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
> --
> d&e, metformin 2000 mg
> Everything in Moderation - Except Laughter.
> http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com (ADA Accomplishments in 2008)
> http://loraltravel.blogspot.com (Drivers, Stepped Wells and Baolis)

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

sounds like a great place!

I so miss the cantanese one i used to haunt..was the best food i ever
had..well ever!

The has a few items ive never had since they closed..

there was eggrolls with actuall meat inside and a paper thin skin made from
rice paper i would imagine..they had the best spicy wings and the best lo
mein ive ever eaten.

also shrimp and snow peas and well the list goes on...

good thing tho since i know nobody can ever make as good lo mein im never
tempted at the new places

KROM