Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Sandra Lee's PBJ Martini

On Jan 14, 1:11*am, "Paul M. Cook" > wrote:
> "Cindy Hamilton" > wrote in message

> On Jan 12, 9:33 pm, "Paul M. Cook" > wrote:
>
> > My recipe actually is heavy on the vermouth. The truest dry martini is
> > when
> > you pour the gin into the glass and whisper "vermouth" into it. The
> > alternate method is to show the bottle to the glass before serving.
> >>Good grief! *If you want a glass of gin with an olive in it, just have

> it.
>
> It's an inside joke.

Ah. Usenet and humor are tricky that way. It's easy to miss that one
is joking.

I recall once we had guests and one of them wanted a martini. I
apologized,
saying I had gin but not vermouth. That was fine by her; I couldn't
help
exclaiming: "Well, if you just wanted a glass of gin, you should have
said so. We're not judgmental here."

> >>I don't really have any feelings one way or the other about martinis,

> as I don't care for hard liquor. *The more dilute, the better. *I like
> vodka gimlets with a bunch of club soda added.
>
> Gimlets are another favorite of mine. *Love them. *I don't use club soda
> though, just vodka, lime juice and simple syrup.

Most people don't use club soda, but if I don't, they're too strong
for me.
(It's not that I get drunk, but too much ethanol just tastes harsh to
me.)
Occasionally I just have Rose's lime juice and club soda.

Cindy Hamilton