Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Sandra Lee's PBJ Martini

On Mon 12 Jan 2009 07:52:16p, Gloria P told us...

> Christine Dabney wrote:
>> On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 18:33:13 -0800, "Paul M. Cook" >
>> wrote:
>>

>>> Blech. Sweet vermouth in a martini? Add some bourbon and just call
>>> it a manhattan. Yuck.
>>>
>>> Paul
>>>

>> Hmm... I really have to try a martini some day...just to at least say
>> I have tried them.
>>
>> Same for a Manhattan. And an old fashioned.
>>
>> Christine, who is more into wine than cocktails (except for sidecars
>> and Delilahs, and Kay's Margaritas).

> Old Fashioneds are yummy, but it's been nearly 20 years since I ordered
> one without the bartender asking what it was.
>
> Whiskey Sours were tremendously popular in my college days. I spent a
> summer in the Caribbean where we drank Cuba Libres (rum&Coke) and
> daiquiris. A few years later I went back and the Pina Colada was all
> the rage. Today when we go out with friends it seems to be artisan beer
> and expensive wines with the occasional caipirinha or mojito. Tastes
> change.
>
> gloria p

I used to love Manhattans but the bartender would invariably make me a dry
Manhattan if I didn't specify a sweet Manhattan. I actually prefer a
scotch Manhattan aka Roy Roy. Also like Moscow Mules (voka, ginger beer,
and lime). Tastes do change. I don't know if I'd like any of those now.
I'm not overly fond of wine.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Date: Monday, 01(I)/12(XII)/09(MMIX)
Countdown till Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
6dys 3hrs 17mins
Do not judge other people -- just snicker at them.