Posted to alt.food.wine
Bi!! Bi!! is offline

Default France 2009

On Jan 7, 6:18�am, Emery Davis > wrote:
> Bi!! wrote:
> >> Not sure when your last visit was, you would not recognize french
> >> drivers, we now have so many hidden cameras, and if you speed you lose
> >> so many points, now almost everyone follows the speed limit. For old
> >> school driving, you need to cross the border into Italy, which is not
> >> far from Nice...

> >> --
> >> Mike Tommasi - Six Fours, France
> >> email linkhttp://www.tommasi.org/mymail

> > I go to France every year and have done so for the past ten years. �I
> > have noticed slower speeds on the "N" routes and the back country
> > roads but my last foray onto A4 between Paris and Champagne was as
> > speedy as ever! �We try to get to Italy every other year or so and you
> > are correct....there are two types of drivers in Italy...very slow or
> > very fast. �While I have traveled extensively in France, this is my
> > first trip to the Nice area.

> Most of us here have had to buy GPS that usually tell us where the
> radars are. �But not infallible, and of course does nothing for the
> frequent manned speed traps.
>
> Any chance of your getting into the Normandie or Loire areas Bill?
> I'd love to meet for a lunch and maybe some tasting somewhere.
>
> -E- Hide quoted text -

We will probably fly into Paris and spend a few days there first. We
usually make a trip over to Champagne or we take the train down to
Tours. Our last trip took us to the Rouen area for a day where I
experienced my first real taste of country andouilettes! There wasn't
enough cider in the area to wash the taste away....:-)