Monroe, of course...

Default Burnt ends

In article >, "Saunka
[BOA]" > wrote:

> "Reg" > wrote in message
> . com...
> > I'm doing a load of them today. When my packer cuts are done,
> > I cut off the points and throw them back in the cooker another
> > few hours. Then I chop em up and toss in a little sauce.
> >
> > Does anybody else do burnt ends? How do you cook them?
> >
> > --
> > Reg email: RegForte (at) (that free MS email service)

> (dot) com
> >

> I've been wanting to know about this for awhile too. I've made
> brisket only a couple of times, using a packer cut both times. I
> think I cooked the flat too long while waiting for the point to
> come up to temp.

It's an odd thing. The point is usually done before the flat because of
the fat in it. The selfsame fat allows the point to be cooked longer
than the flat, where it is rendered away with the additional
cooking-leraving those yummy burnt ends.
I see a lot of trimmed flats but what happens to the points?They're
never sold separately. I could really enjoy q'in up about 3-4 nice
size points without the flats.....