Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Hamburger Press

On Mon 05 Jan 2009 08:41:03p, Pete C. told us...

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:

>> > http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...dard-item.jsp?
>> > _DA
>> > RGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat602009-c
>> > at2
>> > 80028_TGP&id=0054307515455a&navCount=1&podId=00543 07&parentId=cat28002
>> > 8&m
>> > asterpathid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=XJ&rid=&pa rentType=index&index
>> > Id= cat601233&hasJS=true
>> >
>> > or http://www.cabelas.com/ and search for Item:XJ-515455
>> >

>> Now that is really nifty gizmo, Pete, even if I don't like preformed
>> patties.

> I don't have any problem with machine formed patties, and they're all
> pre-formed unless you dump a bowl of ground meat on the grill and then
> portion it out after it's cooked. The key is to have fresh ground meat
> and you get that when you grind it yourself regardless of how you form
> it.

Well, yes, they are all "pre-formed", but I was specifically referring to
those formed by some implement like a hamburger press. I don't like the
meat compacted to the degree that any press I've experienced does it.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Date: Monday, 01(I)/05(V)/09(MMIX)
Countdown till Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
1wks 6dys 2hrs 58mins
Reality is a place where bad things could happen.