Posted to rec.food.equipment
Matthew L. Martin Matthew L. Martin is offline

Default Hamburger Press

Janet Wilder wrote:
> I am looking for a hamburger press. I used to have an inexpensive one
> made of aluminum that had no bottom (you put it on waxed paper or
> parchment paper)and a knob on top that you twisted. On the inside of
> that knob was a band of metal that separated the patty from the top of
> the press. I lost it. Probably when we wrecked our fifth wheel in 2005.
>
> I have been looking for a replacement and everything I get is not
> sufficient.
>
> Today I was surfing and found a Winco™ "adjustable" hamburger press. I
> believe the model number is HP-4. The best price is on this web site,
> but the shipping is as much as the press. http://tinyurl.com/96ryod
>
> Do you all think it's worth it? I haven't seen the thing in real life
> but I thought maybe someone here had and could recommend it or another.
>
> I grind all my own beef and it's time to restock the burgers.

See if you can find a cookie cutter the right size. That an a rolling
pin should do what you need,

For myself, I form them by hand when I need them. Less freezer burn that
way.

Matthew

--
"All you need to start an asylum is an empty room and the right kind of
people". Alexander Bullock ("My Man Godfrey" 1936):