Posted to rec.food.cooking
Omelet[_7_] Omelet[_7_] is offline

Default Some new foodie finds

In article
Dan Abel > wrote:

> In article >,
> sf > wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 12:34:18 -0600, Omelet >
> > wrote:
> >
> > >Heh! Reminds me of the nice rocks sold at one of the gift shops in
> > >Austin. They had some nice samples of Halite. They'd posted a sign next
> > >to them not to get them wet
> > >
> > >Evidently some customers had purchased some and tried to use them as
> > >fish tank rocks. <g>

> > Not funny IMO. Let me get this straight. Halite is rock salt.
> > Everyone knows rock salt, Halite is not as well known. In fact, I'd
> > never heard of it until this thread. So they sell it for more if they
> > call it Halite?

> The lamps are kind of pretty. Not US$100 pretty, though. And they are
> really just night-lights:
>
> http://breathoflight.com/shop/catalo...products_id=64

One of those would not be difficult to MAKE. Just get a basic lamp base
and purchase a large hunk of Halite. They can be ordered from many
places, or it you happen to live in Utah...
--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." -- Dalai Lama