Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Christmas Dinner at our house

On Fri 26 Dec 2008 03:27:21p, Dave Smith told us...

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>
>>> Ours started off with appetizers that my sister in law's mother

brought;
>>> spanokapita, cranberry cream cheese pinwheels and a cheese ball. I
>>> roasted a stuffed turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, carrots an spinach
>>> salad. SiL had offered to bring a broccoli salad but forgot. Her

mother
>>> also brought a wonderful Christmas pudding and caramel sauce, and we

had
>>> lots of shortbread, Scottish shortbread, mincemeat tarts and

brownies.

>> Certainly couldn't go wrong with that combination, Dave. What was the
>> difference between the shortbread and the Scottish shortbread?

> Scottish shortbread has substance to it while the regular stuff is much
> softer, and the Scottish stuff is much easier to make. You don't have to
> cool it, roll it out and cut it. You just whizz the ingredients together
> in a food processor, press it into a pan, poke it with a fork, bake it
> and then cut it while it's warm.

Thanks, Dave. Then that means I've always been making Scottish shortbread,
as that's exactly how I make it. :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright
Date: Friday, 12(XII)/26(XXVI)/08(MMVIII)
Today is: Boxing Day (U.K.)
Countdown till New Year's Eve
4dys 8hrs 29mins
Just remember, Sometimes the dragon wins.