Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gloria P Gloria P is offline

Default Christmas Dinner at our house

After reading all the rib roast cooking methods, I was prepared.
I cooked an 8 lb. roast at 500deg. for a half hour, then lowered the
heat to 325 until the roast reached 130 deg. I took it out,
put in the Yorkshire pudding, and tented the roast till everything was
done. It was perfect.

I provided wine, cheese, smoked salmon and raw veg while folks were waiting.

We sat down to:

rib roast, gravy
sauteed mushrooms
Yorkshire pudding
green and yellow string beans
mashed potatoes
mashed sweet potatoes
assorted olives
salad: mixed baby greens, chopped pear, pomegranate seeds,
candied pecans, with blush wine dressing
shiraz

Dessert was a "bought" deli tiramisu, coffee and cordials

It was a delicious meal, even our 7 yr. old grandson thought so.

gloria p