Posted to rec.food.cooking
Omelet[_7_] Omelet[_7_] is offline

Default Construction/hardware tools for cooking?

The thread on tamales inspired this subject. :-)

What "hardware" tools would you consider converting to kitchen tools?

For me, I already have a dedicated hacksaw for cooking, (it's mainly for
cutting bones) along with a blow torch. The torch has been used for
glazing and singing. (I find it amusing that singing as in song is
spelled the same as singing as in burning pinfeathers off. <g>)

I'm considering a drywall/spackling tool for spreading, or maybe a small
trowel. At the moment, I use a good rubber spatula but I'm wondering if
something metal might not be more efficient.

A hardware store might be fertile ground for kitchen gadgets?
--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." -- Dalai Lama