Posted to alt.food.sushi
Dan Logcher[_1_] Dan Logcher[_1_] is offline

Default Have you tried white tuna?

http://d1.biggestmenu.com/00/00/5d/7...254cc7db_m.jpg

>>> The stuff I had was uniformly pure white with no other
>>> colors.

>> Which is why my favorite place calls it super shite tuna..
>> though its not a tuna, but I'll let that slide.

> Escolar is actually a mackerel species, I believe. The whole mackerel
> family is oily but escolar wins out!

Well, its sometimes called Snake Mackerel, but I don't think it is.
Lepidocybium flavobrunneum vs Scomberomorus maculatus. I believe the
term Snake Mackerel is what throws people off since its not an offical
name. Its like saying yellowtail.. yellowtail what? Snapper, flounder
amberjack. The latter being the one we eat for sushi.

--
Dan