Posted to ba.food,alt.food.asian
Pete Fraser Pete Fraser is offline

Default Clement Restaurant in San Francisco (review)

"Jeffrey Lichtman" > wrote in message
.. .
>>> Yum! Newspaper ink!

>> The Brits have been doing it for decades with fish and chips.
>> Newspaper ink isn't soluble in oil in my experience.
>>
>> -sw

> It used to be. Newspaper ink used to be oil-based and would come off on
> everything (including the hands of the reader). They switched to
> rubber-based inks a while back, so now the ink stays on the paper.

Is that true of the Mercury News?
My hands get dirty reading the Sunday MN, but
not reading the Sunday SF Chronicle.

Going back to the British Fish 'n' Chips (or fish supper as
it was called in Scotland) I can't remember the food
ever contacting the newsprint -- I think there was a inner
layer of greaseproof paper. It has been over three decades,
so perhaps my memory is suspect.