Reg

Default "Boneless Ribs"

DL wrote:

> A couple of years ago I fund a sign for "Boneless Turkey Ham" at a
> local Safeway. I have thereafter wondered what kind of bone it would
> have had to begin with. A drumstick maybe?

http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/2...CFR381.171.htm

[Code of Federal Regulations]
[Title 9, Volume 2]
[Revised as of January 1, 2003]
From the U.S. Government Printing Office via GPO Access
[CITE: 9CFR381.171]

(a) ``Turkey Ham'' shall be fabricated from boneless, turkey thigh
meat with skin and the surface fat attached to the skin removed. The
thighs shall be
that cut of poultry described in Sec. 381.170(b)(5) of this part.
(b) The product may or may not be smoked, and shall be cured using
one or more of the approved curing agents as provided in a regulation
permitting that use in this subchapter or 9 CFR Chapter III, Subchapter
E, or in 21 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter A or Subchapter B. The product may
also contain cure accelerators, phosphates, and flavoring agents as
provided in a regulation permitting that use in this subchapter or 9 CFR
Chapter III, Subchapter E, or in 21 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter A or
Subchapter B; common salt, sugars, spices, spice extractives, dehydrated
garlic, and dehydrated onions; and water for purpose of dissolving and
dispersing the substances specified above.