bbq

Default Ribs Ribs & More Ribs

Mario Taormina wrote:
> I have been smoking meats only a short time and I had the good fortune to
> smoke 6 slabs of baby backs yesterday. We had 45 degree temps yesterday in
> the Hudson Valley NY. I dry rubbed the ribs the day before and wrapped them
> in plastic wrap. At 11AM I put them in a gas fired 'Q with a combination of
> seasoned Hickory & Cherry wood chips that have been soaked in water for 1
> hr. I put a metal container in the smoker with 1 Coors Beer, 3 oz apple
> juice, 3 oz water 3 oz of cider vinegar and a half of an onion (Sliced)
> Smoked ribs for 1 hr @ 250 then 4 more hours at 225. I mopped the ribs
> withg sauce and let them continue to cook at 225 for 3 more hours (turning
> only once).

Congratulations on a successful cook. Most people apply the mop the last
15-20 minutes. But if you liked them, that is what counts.

> They were unbelivable!!!! Moist, meaty(unusual for most baby backs that I
> have had) and tender. NO NORE PAR BOILED RIBS AGAIN!!!!!! I am learning
> that patience and temp control are are the keys to great 'Q

Again congratulations and welcome to this group. There is a
alt.binaries.food newsgroup that many post pics of there cooking,
whether it is Q'ed or oven cooked. If you gotta camera, pics always
welcome on alt.binaries.food

Happy Q'en,
BBQ