Default "Boneless Ribs"

Gar <> wrote

>Then Brick wrote
>
>>Say what? When food is done, you take it off and eat it. Don't wait
>>for the time some Ahole told you to cook it.

> Actually I read it here, but I was trying to avoid conflict.

Don't worry about it. We thrive on conflict.

>>This ain't rocket science.
>>Sure it takes a little practice to get the knack of it, but gee whiz,
>>if us drunks can produce edible food, surely most anybody can if they
>>really try.

> I'm going to be trying it sober for awhile. I need to loose the beer
> belly. <sigh> News years resolution, so I don't have to stick with
> it long. <g>

Lots of luck. I gave it about four months and actually lost ten lbs,
but the strain got to me. Now I'm trying to get a 'little' exercise
and control intake quantity to some degree.

>>You might notice that in this group there is a lot of
>>trial and error going on, both in recipies and in hardware.

> If you read what I said it was the "FIRST" time.

Point understood

>>If you really want absolutes, you better get a computer controlled
>>stove and a bunch of luck.

> I didn't say I wanted absolutes. If I did I have a stove with quite
> an impressive control panel on it.
>
>> I can't imagine cooking country ribs for 4-5 hours.

> Neither can I now, which is why I posted it was too long.
>
>>Even your estimate of 3 1/2 might be stretching it. Country ribs have
>>a lot of exposed surface. They cook pretty quick even at low temps
>>like 220°.

> The ones I've purchased have never been cut the same. Last weekend I
> did a picnic, and a 5 pound bag of country ribs to eat for lunch. The
> sizes were drastically different. Some were done much earlier than
> 3-1/2. Some took 3-1/2.

Mixed sizes is pretty much what I have experienced as well. Actually, I
don't try to slow cook country ribs and would only do so if I happened
to be cooking some butts or picnics at the same time.

>> Just watch them and take 'em off when they're done.

> I do that. I also watch prices. I paid $.99 a pound for the picnic
> and the country ribs. I'd pay more for a picnic, but not for faux
> ribs. I've seen them as high as 2.19. Either way real ribs or a
> shoulder is IMO a much better way to go for Q. The asian dish I make
> with faux ribs is fabulous, but it ain't Q.

I hear that about the Asian dishes. Me too, but like you said it ain't 'Q'.
So what? You can grill the meat before you toss it with something else and
it's still on topic in this group. I believe that Nick and Nathan do it all
the time. I know I do. Smoke flavor goes along with Asian type cuisine just
fine.

M&M Man