Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Thankgiving dinner # (what are we up to in threads about t-day dinner?)

On Thu 27 Nov 2008 10:41:37p, Bob Terwilliger told us...

> Wayne wrote:
>
>>> Where do you think next year's turkey comes from? :-)

>> I hope not from the grackles that swarm around our feeder. Um, well,

there
>> were 4 and 20 blackbirds baked in a pie. That might have possibilities.

> I work at a fairly high-security Air Force base. Going through the gate

the
> other day I had to smile at the fact that amid all the barbed wire,
> intrusion sensors, steel barricades, guns, and grim-faced guards, someone
> had put up a hummingbird feeder.

That would bring a smile!

We have several hummingbird feeders in the yard, and several types of
hummingbirds visit often. Sometime during the past summer, someone put a
hummingbird feeder near out outdoor break area at my office. I love to
watch them. I think they like visiting there because the area is
surrounded by trees and we also have a really good misting system, so it’s
a bit cooler in the blistering summer heat. Aside from the feeder, the
also have a number of flowering bushes that they seem to like.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Date: Thursday, 11(XI)/27(XXVII)/08(MMVIII)
Today is: Thanksgiving Day (U.S.)
A hammer sometimes misses its mark - a bouquet never.