Default "Famous Dave's"

Jack B wrote:
> In article >,
> > wrote:
>

>>Jack B wrote:
>>

>>>Dave (Anderson) is about to become the head of the US Bureau of Indian
>>>Affairs.

>>Well, that's kind of sad considering the history of the Native American
>>in this country and "Dave's" out and out lies using terms like "pit
>>barbeque" "slow smoked" etc., in selling his oven baked goods. His fast
>>food may be 'pretty good', but why does his corporation need to lie
>>about it?

> Your passion on this subject seems overwrought.

Well, I *was* being a bit facetious (but I thought that was justified by
the incongruity of the BIA comment- I'm supposed to like his food better
knowing that he's getting appointed to a government position?) BUT I'm
surprised that ANYONE on the barbecue newsgroup finds it "overwrought"
to note that a restaurateur uses words like "pit barbecue" and "slow
smoked" and "barbecue" to describe food that is cooked in an oven. It's
deceptive, plan and simple. Do other food companies do it- yeah (Miller
Lite ISN'T 'a fine pilsner beer' and all those frozen pies at the
grocery store don't have "homemade goodness", etc.)- does that make it
right?

> Are you part of Dave's competition or something?

Only a competitor cares about whether claims are true? I thought as a
customer I had the right to question it, as well...