Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.fast-food,alt.food.wine,alt.food,alt.cooking-chat
Lou Decruss[_2_] Lou Decruss[_2_] is offline

Default What People Thought About Forks

On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 07:03:33 -0700 (PDT), javawizard
> wrote:

>It's hard to imagine that until about four hundred years ago, European
>people ate everything with their fingers. When a few people started
>using forks in England, everyone else thought the idea of using tools
>to eat was totally ridiculous. - from the Food History section of
>www.odd-info.com

Actually from what I've read cultures many years before did use
utensils. I don't have a site but I think it was the Egyptians.
Cultures changed and they got away from it. And yes, the English did
start using them again as the type of foods they ate changed. I think
I might have read this in a clone book by Todd Wilbur. (Maybe)

Lou