Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] kaylisdragon2@gmail.com is offline

Default I tried the new V8 Soups

Some people pointed out that you could make this cheaper. I'm the
only one in my household who a) likes various soups, b) works at home
so sometimes being able to open a box is a Good Thing (especially
squash or tomato soups). Getting four meals for the price is a good,
labor saving deal.

I also save meat/chicken 'pieces parts' and make stock about every six
months. I reduce it, then freeze in half-cups in a non-stick-sprayed
muffin tin and put the frozen pucks into the cheapest sandwich bags I
can find (the don't really freezer-burn), We use the pucks as an
ingredient OR we also use them to 'enhance' canned chicken noodle soup
(household choice for illness).

I'm looking for the discussed product in my markets now and haven't
seen it. Which is odd because we're usually the 'test market' capitol
of the world (KC, MO).